In case you haven’t heard, today is the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I’ll be out of the office all day long, doing my small part for Mother Earth.
On my to-do list:
1. Take leisurely walk with dog on Baker Beach
2. Turn off computer, telephone and lights for entire day
3. Three-minute shower (apologies to anyone standing in line behind me at the organic food store)
4. Eat only organic, locally grown food
5. Clean out closet, take stuff I used to be able to wear but now look like kids’ clothes to Goodwill
6. Walk, do not drive
7. Buy wine mentioned on Alicia Silverstone’s blog (Gotta have wine, right? How else can we toast Earth Day?)
8. Go see new movie “OCEANS” and literally help save oceans (a portion of each ticket sold during the film’s opening week, April 22-28, will help save coral reefs in the Bahamas)
9. Fall asleep early on new, ridiculously soft organic sheets (Because we all need to sacrifice)
I’ll be back tomorrow with another do-gooder tip. I’d love to know how you spent your Earth Day. Please post your tales below or e-mail me at email@example.com.